Water damage is one of the most potentially destructive problems any homeowner or business can experience, causing expensive damage to a building’s structure, furniture, and appliances. It can happen suddenly and spread quickly. Without immediate professional help, excess water can cause electrical hazards or lead to mold growth. The longer you wait, the more damages that can occur.
Call ServiceMaster Restoration by Bailey at any time of day or night to provide you with emergency water damage restoration services in Des Moines, Ankeny, Altoona, Pleasant Hill, and Eastern Polk County, Iowa. We have agents standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to aid you in your time of need. Our technicians take the right steps to find and stop the source of the water damage, remove any items within the area, and begin drying, dehumidifying, and sanitizing your home or business.
Follow these guidelines to help prevent further damage:
- DO call ServiceMaster Restoration by Bailey as soon as possible; growth from bacteria or warping of your floors and belongings can begin within hours.
- DO turn off your water supply when dealing with leaking or burst pipes and appliances.
- DO remove all area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached.
- DO try to remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- DO remove all belongings from the affected area.
Avoid these actions to ensure a safe and effective restoration:
- DON’T use any electrical outlets, appliances or fixtures. Electrocution may occur.
- DON’T attempt to remove any wall-to-wall carpeting.
- DON’T try to use a regular household vacuum to remove water.
- DON’T allow items to sit in standing water for long periods of time.
- DON’T attempt to remove black or grey water by hand.
- DON’T wait until morning to call ServiceMaster Restoration by Bailey; time is of the essence when it comes to water damage!
With rapid response, your floors and belongings can be preserved and restored. Call ServiceMaster Restoration by Bailey today and we can help you get through your water damage woes in Des Moines, Ankeny, Altoona, Pleasant Hill, and Eastern Polk County, Iowa.